Sunday 15 December 2013

A leak!

Plenty of leeks on the allotment - and plenty in the garden too, although not of the vegetable variety! The roof on one of the garden sheds sprang a leak - and as it isn't exactly the weather for re-roofing I rushed out to Wickes and bought a cheap tarpaulin which I'm hoping will keep the rain out until I can carry out a more permanent and attractive repair. The last time I covered the roof I used roofing felt, but I'm toying with the idea of using shingles this time - I think it looks a little prettier, and might be a lot easier for me to manage singlehanded!
Not very tidy perhaps - but I was on my own in wind and rain trying to get it on, and it has at least stayed in place so far and there are no more damp patches appearing inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment